About a sleigh ride
Being in winter in Zakopane, you must be on a real sleigh ride. We invite you to a real sleigh ride in the mountains. We organize a sleigh ride every day in the Chocholowska Valley, the longest valley in the Tatras, and one of the most beautiful Valleys in Europe.
Sleigh rides in Chocholowska are a real adventure, mountain setting, winter scenery, fairy tale atmosphere – stars in the sky, snowy trees around and the silence of the valley – there are no cars, streetlights, lights and city noise.
A sleigh ride from a fairy tale is a sleigh ride in the Chocholowska Valley – full of magic, silence, and tradition. Bells are ringing, snow is falling, and torches are blazing with fire – even though it is cold a warm the atmosphere and sweet tea are heating us!
Traditionally after the sleigh ride, we invite everyone to a bonfire feast with tasty catering and traditional Gooral music. We invite you and encourage you, for this is a unique offer for those who are looking for the best offer, not necessarily the cheapest.
Sleigh Ride in the Chocholowska Valley. Gooral folks will wait for you on the edge of a valley, welcoming you to take a sit in the sleigh. We put a yummy snack in every sleigh for your enjoyment during the one hour ride through Chocholowska Valley. After the sleigh ride, we gather around the bonfire, where we will have a traditional Gooral party. During the whole event, a real Gooral band will play music for you and tell you stories about the Tatra Mountains and many funny jokes in between.
The program includes – a warming welcoming with traditional Gooral music and dancing shows. You will have a chance to learn how to drink and sing like a true Gooral. DANCING AND GOOD FUN! The sleigh ride motto is “tradition, fun, dance and traditional Gooral music” – welcome!
During the party, there will be bonfire burning, and catering service will serve traditional Gazdovian cuisine. After two hours of pure fun, the party is over. For those willing, transfer by buses from Zakopane to Chocholowska and return after the event to Zakopane.
The number of seats is limited
Sleigh ride in Chocholowska Valley
Sleigh ride in Chocholowska Valley lasts 3 hours:
- 1h – Sleigh ride in Chocholowska Valley
- 2h – Catering + Fun by the campfire with Gooral folks – Dancing and singing, authentic folklore and local cuisine
Discounts for children:
- under two years GRATIS (2017 year or younger)
- REDUCED TICKET for children under 14 years old
Tasty MENU by the bonfire:
- homemade “polish bigos”
- sausages for self making at the fire
- oscypek (regional cheese)
- bread with lard
- hot tea
Compare and choose your perfect sleigh ride:
Typical sleigh rides in Zakopane
Traditional, Gooral sleigh ride in the Chocholowska Valley
|1 hour sleigh ride|
|2 hours of feast||other Organizers only 1h|
|Gooral live music|
|Bonfire with catering|
|Integration program during feasts|
|Games, attractions, trying ou local outfits|
|Away from cars|
|Close to nature - Tatra National Park|
What do you need to know?
LOCATION OF A SLEIGH RIDE
Chochołowska Valley. Meeting point is at the “Pod Lasem” Parking which also has yellow KULIGI.pl signs – at your left side when you drive into the Valley (for people who have not purchased a transfer).
Information for persons who purchased transfers:
– Meeting 45 minutes before the scheduled sleigh time (14:15 – delay tolerance max. 5 minutes)
– Meeting place: ul. Droga na Gubałówkę 2A (lower part of Krupówki street, bustop near the underground passage)
– All sleighs are for 4 people. For groups of 3, 7 or 11 people, payment of “empty seat in sleighs” is mandatory. Also if you would like to have sleighs for your own you need to buy an adequate number of the service “empty seat in sleighs”.
– Children up to the age of 2 who take part in the sleigh ride for FREE do not have their place in the sleigh – they ride on the parent’s lap. If you want your child to have his / her place, buy a reduced-price ticket for him / her.
– Advance payment / Ticket fee is a guarantee of the service and it is not refundable if the customer refuses to go on the trip.
– If there is not enough snow, the sleigh will be replaced by a horse-drawn carriage
– The event takes place outdoors, please dress appropriately, i.e. a hat, gloves, warm jacket
– Duration of the event: 3h (1h sleigh ride + 2h Gooral feast).