About a sleigh ride
Being in winter in Zakopane, you must be on a real sleigh ride. We invite you to a real sleigh ride in the mountains. We organize a sleigh ride every day in the Chocholowska Valley, the longest valley in the Tatras, and one of the most beautiful Valleys in Europe.
Sleigh rides in Chocholowska are a real adventure, mountain setting, winter scenery, fairy tale atmosphere – stars in the sky, snowy trees around and the silence of the valley – there are no cars, streetlights, lights and city noise.
A sleigh ride from a fairy tale is a sleigh ride in the Chocholowska Valley – full of magic, silence, and tradition. Bells are ringing, snow is falling, and torches are blazing with fire – even though it is cold a warm the atmosphere and sweet tea are heating us!
Traditionally after the sleigh ride, we invite everyone to a bonfire feast with tasty catering and traditional Gooral music. We invite you and encourage you, for this is a unique offer for those who are looking for the best offer, not necessarily the cheapest.
Sleigh Ride in the Chocholowska Valley. Gooral folks will wait for you on the edge of a valley, welcoming you to take a sit in the sleigh. We put a yummy snack in every sleigh for your enjoyment during the one hour ride through Chocholowska Valley. After the sleigh ride, we gather around the bonfire, where we will have a traditional Gooral party. During the whole event, a real Gooral band will play music for you and tell you stories about the Tatra Mountains and many funny jokes in between.
The program includes – a warming welcoming with traditional Gooral music and dancing shows. You will have a chance to learn how to drink and sing like a true Gooral. DANCING AND GOOD FUN! The sleigh ride motto is “tradition, fun, dance and traditional Gooral music” – welcome!
During the party, there will be bonfire burning, and catering service will serve traditional Gazdovian cuisine. After two hours of pure fun, the party is over. For those willing, transfer by buses from Zakopane to Chocholowska and return after the event to Zakopane.
The number of seats is limited
Sleigh ride in Chocholowska Valley
Sleigh ride in Chocholowska Valley lasts 3 hours:
- 1h – Sleigh ride in Chocholowska Valley
- 2h – Catering + Fun by the campfire with Gooral folks – Dancing and singing, authentic folklore and local cuisine
Discounts for children:
- under two years GRATIS (2017 year or younger)
- REDUCED TICKET for children under 14 years old
Tasty MENU by the bonfire:
- homemade “polish bigos”
- sausages for self making at the fire
- oscypek (regional cheese)
- bread with lard
- hot tea
Compare and choose your perfect sleigh ride:
Typical sleigh rides in Zakopane
Traditional, Gooral sleigh ride in the Chocholowska Valley
|1 hour sleigh ride|
|2 hours of feast||other Organizers only 1h|
|Gooral live music|
|Bonfire with catering|
|Integration program during feasts|
|Games, attractions, trying ou local outfits|
|Away from cars|
|Close to nature - Tatra National Park|
What do you need to know?
LOCATION OF A SLEIGH RIDE
ChochoLowska Valley – meeting at the TPN ticket office at the parking lot (for people who did not purchase the transfer).
Information for persons who purchased transfers:
– Meeting 30 minutes before the scheduled sleigh time (delay tolerance max. 5 minutes)
– Meeting place: ul. Droga na Gubałówkę 2A (lower part of Krupówki street, bustop near the underground passage)
– All sleighs are for 4 people. For groups of 3, 7 or 11 people, payment of “empty seat in sleighs” is mandatory. Also if you would like to have sleighs for your own you need to buy an adequate number of the service “empty seat in sleighs”.
– Children up to the age of 2 who take part in the sleigh ride for FREE do not have their place in the sleigh – they ride on the parent’s lap. If you want your child to have his / her place, buy a reduced-price ticket for him / her.
– Advance payment / Ticket fee is a guarantee of the service and it is not refundable if the customer refuses to go on the trip.
– If there is not enough snow, the sleigh will be replaced by a horse-drawn carriage
– The event takes place outdoors, please dress appropriately, i.e. a hat, gloves, warm jacket
– Duration of the event: 3h (1h sleigh ride + 2h Gooral feast).
Opinions of our Clients
We are proud to say that we have over 16 years of experience in the tourism industry and this is a guarantee of the highest quality services and comprehensively organized attractions for our clients. Moreover, we have our base of attractions and services in Zakopane – we operate directly with our clients.
This is one of the most beautiful valleys in the Tatras. The most beautiful sleigh rides in Zakopane are here in the Chochołowska Valley – away from cars, close to nature.
Our office is located in the center, near the lower Krupówki. Just behind the bus station above the underground passage.
We work from 09:00 to 17:00 but you can make a reservation ONLINE 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
Reservations can be made ONLINE – quick and comfortable. If you have any questions, please contact us directly by phone or email.
Of course! The sleigh ride is a great attraction for children. Even a one-year-old child can ride sitting on a parent’s lap. Although you should keep in mind that winter evenings in the Tatras are frosty therefore we advise you to dress appropriately
The sleigh ride in the Chochołowska Valley begins in right there. However, if you have a reservation with transfers from Zakopane and back then we meet at our office – at the lower Krupówki (ul. Droga na Gubałówką 2a – stop next to the underground passage).
Dress warmly 🙂 Even though great fun and hot tea will keep us warm, winter evenings in the Tatras are very cold – remember also about hats and gloves.
Remember to have your hat, gloves, and confirmation of your booking.
The sleigh ride in the Chocholowska Valley lasts 3 hours (1-hour sleigh ride, 2 hours sitting by the fire with a Gooral music band).
Sleighs are 4-person. If you wish to reserve a sleigh for example for 3 persons only, please purchase the appropriate quantity of sits.
How to get to us
Our office is located in the center of the city close to Krupówki Street, just type in Google Maps “ul.Droga na Gubałówką 2A in Zakopane”.
Our company is called COT Oskar Pieprzak and we organize sleigh rides but not only. We are operating many tourist facilities and attractions in Zakopane. If you are using Chocholowska you can get access to many discounts for yourself or your children.